What is Acti-Tape?
Acti-Tape has its origins in therapeutic sports tapes for rehabilitation of injuries, providing support to joints and muscles, and enhancing sports performance without affecting range of motion. The concept was initially developed in Japan in the late 1970’s. Nowadays aside from application in rehabilitation, newer methodologies have been developed that address benefits associated with preventive health maintenance, reducing edema and pain relief.
How it works
When applied, the tape may assist the body's return to normal function. The nature of the tape material is highly elastic (as elastic as skin) and in conjunction with the wave-like adhesive pattern, Acti-Tape lifts the skin under the point of application fractionally when applied.
This lifting supports the alleviation of pain and facilitates lymphatic drainage by increasing the space between the skin and muscle in order to allow easier body fluid flow under the application area. The reduction in localized pressure and support for circulation and lymphatic drainage means decreasing pressure on the sensory receptors. The net result is pain relief, promotion of injury recovery and reduction of swelling.
Acti-Tape may help you with:
· Alleviation of pain
· Relaxing overused and overextended muscles
· Repositioning of joints
· Reducing edema, inflammation and discomfort
· Supporting rehabilitation from muscular injuries
Features of Acti-Tape
· Water resistant - can withstand showers and athletic activity like swimming
· Allows muscles to perform a full range of motion, easily and comfortably
· Highly breathable - efficiently channels air and sweat to maintain skin integrity
· Latex free, hypoallergenic
· Effective for 3-4 days
Click on the link to find out how to use yout Acti-Tape!
Available now on Football OPOD with free delivery!
Place your order by filling in the order form below.